• Home
    • Buyers
    • Transferring to a New School? Here’s What You Need to Know!

    Transferring to a New School? Here’s What You Need to Know!

    Once you’ve found your perfect dream home with us, we can help you locate your new neighborhood’s designated school. You should then call the school to be certain of its office/registration hours and other important and necessary information so that everything can be in place for your child to start the school year with new friends on the first day. Typically, area schools require that new registrants bring:

    >> Parent/legal guardian photo ID

    >> Custody documents, if applicable

    >> Proof of student’s age

    >> A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (Ga. Health Dept. Form #3231)

    >> Evidence of vision, hearing, dental, and nutrition screening (Ga. Health Dept. Form #3300, revised in 2013)

    >> Proof of residency – Most districts require 2 documents:

    >> A current utility bill (not cell phone)

    >> A deed, property tax statement, mortgage statement, or settlement statement

    Both documents must show the name of parent/guardian and also show the residence address. Note: If you have a Purchase and Sales Agreement/Contract for a home in which you have not yet moved AND the closing date will be within 90 days of school entrance, some districts may approve an Out of District Request for attendance if parents can provide transportation.

    >> Previous school records – If you have these handy, they may help with student placement


    Trackback from your site.

    Leave a Reply